After The First Chemo Infusion

Hello my friends and family!

I had my first chemo treatment on Thursday, April 27, 2017, and it wasn’t too bad. I didn’t get sick because I am taking the medications that were prescribed and not eating a bunch of junk.

It’s a long process though. I had to arrive at 8:30am to get lab work done and prep my port to receive the chemo therapy. By 10am, they have me hooked up to the IV and pumping some stuff in before the actual chemo. By around 1pm or so is when they brought in the first bag of chemo. It’s a trip too because they actually have to wear protective covering because the stuff is so toxic. Isn’t amazing how we do this? Pump me with poison to kill the cancer but, not me?

Anywho… We were done and able to leave the hospital around 3:30pm. My honey and daughter were with me. I was able to eat and everything seemed pretty normal for the most part.

I wound up having a little headache… Actually, I had the headache the night before chemo. I think my body is just not used to all of this medicine that I am now taking in 2017. I went from taking nothing last year to high blood pressure med, diabetes med., now stuff for cancer treatment. SMH…

The next day, I had to attend my dear friend, Mama Carol’s funeral. I was so happy I could get through that because I was asked to read her obituary… The story of her life. It was 3 chapters long but, I did it and was fine.

I actually made it through the whole day… The funeral, the internment, and the repast. At the repast when it was time to leave, one of the ladies gave me those lovely flowers for reading the obituary. Again, it was an honor to have been a part of such a beautiful spirit’s life.

After everything was over, I had to get home and take this shot medicine (Pegfilgrastim) out of the refrigerator. My love administered the shot for me but, you have to take it out of the fridge an hour before actually sticking yourself but, it wasn’t painful. It doesn’t even need to go into a vein. You “pinch an inch”… I have enough inches so that was not a problem 🙂 and you inject the medicine.

This medicine is to white blood cells.

Now with all of this “stuff” in my body, I think I am doing pretty well but, my feet have a weird sensation running through them all of the time now. Sometimes it moves through my hands too. I feel a bit fatigued but, not as bad as I thought I would.

My hair is expected to start falling out within 2-3 weeks after chemo. So we’ll be seeing some cute wigs and stuff when that happens lol!

But, anyway… That’s really all I have for now. They say that around the 3rd day after chemo is when it usually starts to hit you hard. Well it’s Sunday morning. I didn’t feel up to getting this done yesterday so I am doing this first this morning for you guys but, again… I’m OK.

Hey, please make sure you check out the people that have contributed to my financial call. I appreciate them so much! Do good business with good people!

And if you want to donate, every little bit helps, please do. If you’re a business owner, I will add your business to my supporter’s page too.

Thank you guys for following me. I’ll post another update soon.

Peace and Blessings to you all!

OH YEAH… I almost forgot about the SONG OF THE DAY! I LOVE “Jamiroqui”, This Corner Of The Earth… Tell me if you like it!

Thank you to De More… The first one to grab a T-Shirt
and Mug from my fundraising campaign!

5 thoughts on “After The First Chemo Infusion

  1. It’s interesting to read about what can be expected after the first chemo treatment. I didn’t realize that simple things such as strange sensations in the feet could be a result of the procedure. It’s something to remember for my wife because keeping in contact with the doctor and making sure she’s comfortable is important to me.

    1. I pray your wife’s journey is not too difficult for her. I had my second treatment last week and will be posting my update by tonight or tomorrow. This stuff is no joke. Thank you for sharing and again, prayers for your wife and you.

Comments are closed.